VA has a Gulf War Registry health exam for veterans that “alerts veterans to possible long-term health problems that may be related to environmental exposures during their military service. The registry data helps VA understand and respond to these health problems more effectively.” Veterans who served in the Gulf during Operation Desert Shield, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, or Operation New Dawn are eligible for the Gulf War Registry exam. You do not need to be enrolled in VA health care to take part.
- You can contact your local VA Environmental Health Coordinator about getting a Gulf War Registry health exam.
- More information can be found on the VA Gulf War Registry site.
- Or Call: VA Health Care - 877-222-8387
- For more information about other potential exposures by war or operations, the VA has set up dedicated pages going back to World War II.
inTransition is a free, confidential program that offers specialized coaching and assistance for active-duty service members, National Guard members, reservists, veterans and retirees who need access to mental health care when:
- Relocating to another assignment
- Returning from deployment
- Transitioning from active duty to reserve component or reserve component to active duty
- Preparing to leave military service
…Or any other time they need a new mental health provider, or need a provider for the first time.
To learn more about the inTransition Program please visit our FAQs.
inTransition services are available to ALL military members regardless of length of service or discharge status and there is NO expiration date to enroll.
Meet your coach today
Enrolling with inTransition is easy. Call and sign up any day or time, from any location. Or ask for a referral from your health care provider or case manager.
- "The coaching support helped me stay connected and focused during a stressful time." -inTransition customer
- “My coach was great. She always called on time, listened attentively, and gave me lots of good information. When I kept running into roadblocks, I felt like my coach was on my team, helping me get the help I needed.” – inTransition customer