Add new comment

  • Hi Dr. Christina Schendel,
    I am sure the License Mental Health Counselor (LPC) was not meant to be missed on your list of Mental Health providers. I am a resent graduate from a CACREP accredited school and working as a veteran in the VA health administration to advance my career in that direction. LPC's have counseling specific education and require a Masters degree, treatment skills include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, family counseling, and career counseling to name a few. I have been studying Moral Injury it increase my skill set within the VA. It is important for counselors of any discipline to know and understand the military culture to build the therapeutic relationship. Any military personnel seeking help should find a provider they are comfortable talking to.
    Thank You for the Article,
    Laura Harris

  • All ideas will be considered, but may not be accepted.