Give us your feedback!
Complete a brief questionnaire to help improve our clinical support tools.
VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain
- Management of Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain (2017)
- Management of Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain Summary Guideline (2017)
Opioid Therapy Clinical Support Tools
- Opioid Therapy Pocket Card (2017)
- Provides algorithms for assessment, start of trial and discontinuation of opioid therapy, as well as contraindications to therapy and predictors, risks and preferred treatment for opioid misuse.
Patient Information Guide: Long-term Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain
- Patient booklet that highlights responsible use of opioids, benefits and risks of opioid therapy, and self-management tips.
- Managing Side Effects and Complications of Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain (2017)
- Fact sheet for primary care providers that explains how to properly manage side effects of opioid therapy.
- Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain Pocket Guide (2017)
- Tabbed pocket guide to help providers assess the risks and benefits of initiating or continuing opioid therapy and recommended strategies for managing tapering, withdrawal and discontinuation.
- Tapering and Discontinuing Opioids (2017)
- Brochure for primary care providers with strategies to safely taper, manage withdraw and discontinue long-term opioid therapy.