VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Substance Use Disorders (SUD)
- Management of Substance Use Disorders (SUD) (2015) (PDF)
- Management of SUD Clinician Summary (2015) (PDF)
- Management of SUD Patient Summary (2015) (PDF)
Substance Use Disorder Clinical Support Tools
Clinical support tools for substance use disorders that provide recommendations on recognizing and treating substance use disorders. Army, Air Force and Navy medical treatment facilities can order hard copies of the tools on the Army Medical Command Clinical Practice Guidelines Tool Kit Shopping Cart website.
- Substance Use Disorder Affects Families (PDF)
- Brochure for families about substance misuse and/or dependence and its impact on families.
- Medications for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder (PDF)
- Guide for service members, veterans and their families regarding medication used in the management of SUD.
- Screening and Treatment Pocket Card (PDF)
- Provides the screening and treatment algorithm, as well as high level reminders for providers on screening, brief intervention, pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy guidance, and resources for management of SUD.
- Stabilization Pocket Card (PDF)
- Provides the stabilization algorithm, as well as information for providers on withdrawal assessment and management of SUD.
- Substance Use Disorder: What Line Leaders Need to Know (PDF)
- Guide to help leaders to identify the signs of substance misuse and/or dependence, to educate their service members about treatment options and policy, and to address substance misuse early to support mission success, unit readiness and service and family member fitness.