The DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO) serves as the Department's single point of authority for sexual assault policy and provides oversight to ensure that each of the Service's programs complies with DoD policy.
Health Care Management of Sexual Assault/Sexual Harassment
Defense Department experts are developing a suite of clinical products to enhance the quality and consistency of health care, and support resources, for patients who disclose sexual assault or sexual harassment. The provider tools are coming to this website soon.
This effort is a partnership between the following Defense Department organizations:
- Psychological Health Council Sexual Assault Advisory Group
- Health Affairs Women’s Health Issues Work Group
- Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military services
Sexual Assault Health Care Support for Patients
A resource for service members, veterans and Defense Department civilians who were sexually assaulted and receive health care in the Military Health System (MHS). This resource:
- Explains health care resources and eligibility
- Explains reporting options
- Reviews healthy coping strategies
- Defines common terms and support specialist roles
- Provides crisis hotlines and sexual assault resources
Download Sexual Assault Health Care Support for Patients or find bulk ordering instructions on the MHS website.
Learn more in this DCoE news article