Deployment Health Services
Need a Post-Deployment Health Reassessment (PDHRA)?
Call the toll-free PDHRA call center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 888-734-7299.
Need to start a Periodic Health Assessment (PHA)?
For Army only, and only for an in-clinic appointment, start the process on AKO. Complete the service member portion and call Customer Service at 888-697-4299 to schedule the face-to-face appointment. If you have problems accessing the AKO site, call the number above and complete the service member portion over the phone.
If getting a PHA at a group event, don't complete the AKO portion of the PHA. This information will be obtained at the event.
All other branches, contact your command.
Need a vaccine?
Contact your unit or organization you're deploying with for instructions and vaccine locations.
Deployment is the process of rotating forces into and out of an operational area. All deployments, even those that do not involve combat, are significant events in service members’ lives and can affect not only those who deploy but also their families. Deployment experiences, including exposure to chemical, physical and environmental hazards in some regions, have the potential for causing immediate and long-term effects on both physical and mental health.
This section of PDHealth.mil provides information and guidance for healthcare providers and service members regarding the health-related aspects of the deployment process. It also provides information on deployment resources for service members and their families.
Table of Contents
- Health Assessment Programs
- Deployment Health Assessments
- Periodic Health Assessment
- Deployment Mental Health Assessment
- Neurocognitive Assessments
- Service-Specific Deployment Health Assessment Programs
- Background on Programs for Identifying Deployment Health Conditions and Concerns
- Psychological Health Effects of Deployment
- Combat and Operational Stress Programs
- Deployment-Limiting Health Conditions
- Deployment Resources
- Deployment-Related Exposures