This page provides links to other Web sites that contain information related to deployment for the 1990-1991 Gulf War and information about travel to Iraq.
Please note that these links will open in a new browser window.
Searching Tip: To search for text on this page, hold the Control (Ctrl) key while pressing the "F" key (Command-F for Macintosh) and enter your search term.
Travel Information About Iraq
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) World Fact Book – Iraq (Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues. Also includes maps of the major world regions, Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.)
- US State Department Country Background Note: Iraq (Provides facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations.)
- US State Department Country Specific Information: Iraq (Provides Recent Embassy Notices for American Citizens, Travel Warning for Iraq, Country Description, Smart Traveler Enrollment Program/Embassy Location, Entry/Exit Requirements for U.S. Citizens, Threats to Safety and Security, Crime, Victims of Crime, Criminal Penalties, Special Circumstances, Medical Facilities and Health Information, Medical Insurance, Traffic Safety and Road Conditions, Aviation Safety Oversight, and Children's Issues)
- National Geographic Country Guide – Iraq (Provides Fast Facts including history, population, capital city, area, language, religion, currency, life expectancy, GDP per capita, and literacy percent; Map, and Photos.)
- Infoplease.com Countries of the World – Iraq (Provides information on: Geography, Maps, Flag, History, Current ruler, Area, Population, Capital, Largest cities, Languages, Ethnicity/race, Religion, Literacy rate, Economy, and Government.)
- CDC Health Information for Travelers to Iraq (Provides Travel Notices in Effect and information on the following topics: Safety and Security Abroad, Travel Preparation (Immunizations, Malaria Prophylaxis, Items to Bring with You). Other Diseases Found in the Middle East, Staying Healthy During Travel (Insect Protection, Food and Water Precautions, Prevention of Altitude Illness, Sunburn and Injuries), and Post-Travel Advice.)
- World Health Organization (WHO) Country Profile – Iraq (Provides information on Demographic, Socioeconomic and Health Statistical Profiles; Disease Outbreaks and Crises; Mortality and Disease Burden, including HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, and Chronic Diseases; Immunization Profile; Maternal Child Health; Nutrition; Substance Abuse; Road Safety; Environmental Health; and Health Financing.)
Gulf War Veteran Resources Page
National Gulf War Resources Center
Office of the Special Assistant for Gulf War Illness