Deployment-Specific Information - Deployments are listed by Country and also by Region. Select a deployment from the list below to read information relating to deployment background, health outcomes and concerns, climate and geography, preventive measures, environmental exposures, news, and related links.
Deployments that have ended are labeled “Past” and those that are currently underway are labeled “Ongoing”.
Country/Region-Specific Information - For links to Web sites with travel information on countries/regions of the world, please click here.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) World Fact Book (Provides
information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues. Also includes maps
of the major world regions, Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.)
- US State Department Country Background Note (Provides facts about the land, people,
history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations.)
- US State Department Country Specific Information (Provides Recent Embassy Notices for
American Citizens, Travel Warning for Afghanistan, Country Description, Smart Traveler Enrollment Program/Embassy Location, Entry/Exit Requirements for U.S.
Citizens, Threats to Safety and Security, Crime, Victims of Crime, Criminal Penalties, Special Circumstances, Medical Facilities and Health Information,
Medical Insurance, Traffic Safety and Road Conditions, Aviation Safety Oversight, and Children's Issues)
- Specific Information Arranged by DoD COCOMs (Combatant Commands)
- National Geographic Country Guide (Provides Fast
Facts including history, size of population, capital city, size of land area, language, religion, currency, life expectancy, GDP per capita, and literacy
percent; Map, and Photos.)
- Infoplease.com Countries of the World (Provides information on: Geography, Maps,
Flag, History, Current ruler, Area, Population, Capital, Largest cities, Languages, Ethnicity/race, Religion, Literacy rate, Economy, and Government.)
- CDC Health Information for Travelers (Provides Travel Notices in Effect
and information on the following topics: Safety and Security Abroad, Travel Preparation (Immunizations, Malaria Prophylaxis, Items to Bring with You).
Other Diseases, Staying Healthy During Travel (Insect Protection, Food and Water Precautions, Prevention of Altitude Illness, Sunburn and Injuries),
and Post-Travel Advice.)
- World Health Organization (WHO) Country Profiles (Provides information on Demographic,
Socioeconomic and Health Statistical Profiles; Disease Outbreaks and Crises; Mortality and Disease Burden, including HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, and Chronic
Diseases; Immunization Profile; Maternal Child Health; Nutrition; Substance Abuse; Road Safety; Environmental Health; and Health Financing.)