Skip to content
Major Depressive Disorder
VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
Major Depressive Disorder Clinical Support Tools
- Management of MDD Patient Guide (2016)
- This guide is intended to provide information to patients regarding MDD; causes, symptoms, and assessment and treatment of depression; general ways to improve health and well-being; as well as additional resources.
- Management of MDD Pocket Card (2016)
- Provides health care providers with a useful, quick reference tool for treating patients with MDD and related conditions. It was derived directly from the VA/DoD MDD clinical practice guideline.
- Depression: Fast Facts for Families (2016)
- Brochure with facts on depression symptoms, causes and effective treatments.
- Understanding Depression: A Resource for Providers and Patients (2016)
- Booklet with information on treatment, medications, tips on talking to family and friends about MDD and patient worksheets on how to improve sleep and manage symptoms.