VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Substance Use Disorders (SUD)
- Management of Substance Use Disorders (SUD) (2015) (PDF)
- Management of SUD Clinician Summary (2015) (PDF)
- Management of SUD Patient Summary (2015) (PDF)
Substance Use Disorder Clinical Support Tools
- Substance Use Disorder Affects Families (PDF)
- Brochure for families about substance misuse and/or dependence and its impact on families.
- Medications for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder (PDF)
- Guide for service members, veterans and their families regarding medication used in the management of SUD.
- Screening and Treatment Pocket Card (PDF)
- Provides the screening and treatment algorithm, as well as high level reminders for providers on screening, brief intervention, pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy guidance, and resources for management of SUD.
- Stabilization Pocket Card (PDF)
- Provides the stabilization algorithm, as well as information for providers on withdrawal assessment and management of SUD.
- Substance Use Disorder: What Line Leaders Need to Know (PDF)
- Guide to help leaders to identify the signs of substance misuse and/or dependence, to educate their service members about treatment options and policy, and to address substance misuse early to support mission success, unit readiness and service and family member fitness.